COVID-19 Precautions at Nourishing Life Health Center
NOTICE TO PATIENTS re. COVID-19 PREVENTION at the Nourishing Life Health Center:
For your safety and peace of mind, our team of practitioners and staff has adopted the following procedures to prevent the potential spread of the novel coronavirus at NLHC:
- Maximum use of telemedicine is still encouraged. Telemedicine is the only way we will treat known cases of COVID-19.
- We will continue to offer herbal and supplement products for curbside pickup at our office.
- If a patient has a new cough, shortness of breath, or fever that cannot be explained by another medical condition, we will direct them to stay home, contact their primary care physician, and do telemedicine for their holistic healthcare.
- We are eliminating last-minute cancellation fees for patients who have COVID-19 symptoms so they experience no financial burden for canceling an appointment.
- Daily we are sanitizing all surfaces, doorknobs, handrails and restrooms with a 60% isopropyl alcohol solution or 1.5 percent hydrogen peroxide solution with added essential oils to disinfect; as per our research, this is the best way to deactivate the virus on surfaces.
- We are changing the bed “paper” and pillowcases for every in-person patient.
- We wash and/or sanitize our hands before and after every patient treatment.
- We have essential oil diffusers using antiviral oils to diminish airborne virus and sanitize the air in the treatment rooms.
- We will have non-toxic disinfectant surface spray and hand sanitizer for use upon entry to the clinic and in every treatment room.
- We will have paper towels available for hand drying and use for opening the restroom door and tissues and no-touch wastebaskets in every treatment room.
- We will have homemade cloth masks by Sarah available for sale at the front desk for any patient who needs or wants one.
- Clinic staff will be wearing masks upon your arrival. If you would like your practitioner to wear a mask during treatment, please request it upon scheduling your appointment, or at the front desk.
- We are encouraging patients to bring, do, and/or wear whatever makes them feel comfortable while in the clinic and will do our best to honor all wishes and/or requests.
- If you are sick, please notify the office of your symptoms so we can make special arrangements if need be and to help protect ourselves and other patients.
Please call 845.687.6211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
A note from Hillary on masks…
There is much debate regarding the value of wearing masks for healthy people. As stated by Klompas et al. in the New England Journal of Medicine: “We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”
Based on science as well as what I understand to be health generating for the body, I am choosing not to wear a mask unless the circumstance requires it. Our front desk team member will wear a mask as required for now. If you request that your practitioner wear one during treatment, we are happy to oblige. If you are interested in learning more about masks, please read the linked article below.